It’s nearing the end of summer, and you’re a little bit dismayed—you never got your tan on. No need to make a frantic last-minute trip to the beach or buy a Groupon for a tanning salon. There’s an easier and safer way for you to add some color to your cheeks (all four of them).
How will you make the transition from a pale moon tan to a J-Lo glow? Self tanner, of course.
But can you do it subtly, without looking like a striped, orange tiger? We’ve found the tool that solves your problem: the bodyblender, a bigger version of your favorite makeup applicator, beautyblender.
The bodyblender features the same rounded end as the beautyblender, but is twice the size, so you’re able to evenly cover your body’s curves and easily get in those nooks and crannies. Plus, your hands remain free and clean while you apply your self tanner, bronzers, body shimmers or glitters.
If you’re looking for a new self tanner, we recommend St. Tropez Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil. It can give you a golden glow lasting up to 10 days, and it is made with an all-natural tanning agent that is derived from plant sources called dihydroxyacetone (DHA), that works with every type of skin tone.
Here are some expert steps to getting a gorgeous faux glow:
1. Shave and exfoliate your skin at least eight hours prior to application. Aside from getting rid of dead skin cells and leaving your skin smooth and even, this also ensures that the tanner will go on more evenly and last longer. Use a light moisturizer all over and to take care of any dry spots. Try: Bliss’ Hot Salt Scrub.
2. Wet the bodyblender with water and squeeze out the excess liquid. You can use a small towel to squeeze out the excess moisture as well.
3. Pour a small amount of self tanner onto the bodyblender. If you’re using St. Tropez shimmer oil, make sure to shake the solution well before using.
4. Start “bouncing” or stippling the sponge over the areas you want to get tan. Apply the self tanner one section at a time. Start at the bottom of your body and work your way up, saying goodbye to your pale thighs. Do your arms and hands last. It’s best to stand during application so the tanner won’t rub off on any of your furniture.
5. Before getting dressed, wait about five to ten minutes or until your skin feels dry to the touch. When you’re finished, thoroughly rinse out the sponge. Use the Liquid Blendercleanser to keep it clean. And don’t forget to wait at least four to eight hours before dipping into that pool!
Illustration by Walt Gorecki
View Original Article