As A-listers flooded the red carpet on Monday night for the Met Gala, we were immediately struck by actress Emma Roberts—and not just for her sleek Diane von Furstenberg dress. The Scream Queens star tapped celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury to create a timelessly glamorous makeup look: think poreless, softly contoured skin, rose-gold eyes, and a velvety pink lip. We caught up with Charlotte’s team to get a behind-the-scenes take on Emma’s gorgeous look.
- Charlotte started by prepping Emma’s skin with her cult-favorite Magic Cream, followed by Magic Eye Rescue underneath her eyes. To create a luminous, spotlit-skin effect on the red carpet, Charlotte applied Wonderglow, followed by Magic Foundation in 2 Fair and 3 Fair for a flawless finish. She then brightened Emma’s eyes with Mini Miracle Eye Wand in Shade 1.
- Next, Charlotte lightly filled Emma’s brows with Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in Rita, a light warm taupe, to frame her smoldering eyes. She fixed them into place with Legendary Brows in Clear.
- To create a soft, shimmering rose-gold look that complemented Emma’s green-hazel eyes, Charlotte first curled her lashes using her Life Changing Lashes eyelash curler. Next, she mixed the Brighten and Enhance shades from Instant Look In A Palette in Beauty Glow and the sultry pinks and bronzes from the Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita on the lid and smudged it out underneath the eye. She then elongated Emma’s eye using The Classic Eyeliner in Audrey and added Rock N’ Kohl in Eye Cheat to make her eyes look even bigger, brighter, and whiter. She topped off the look with the Pop shade in the the Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita to create a three-dimensional shimmer. Finally, she amped up the drama with several coats of Legendary Lashes Mascara.
- To achieve her subtle contour, Charlotte sculpted Emma’s cheekbones with her Instant Look In A Palette in Beauty Glow. She added pops of dreamy highlighter from the palette to the tops of the cheekbones and the cupid’s bow. For extra glow, Charlotte tapped Beach Stick in Moon Beach, a luminous golden pink, onto Emma’s cheekbones.
- Charlotte lined Emma’s lips with her best-selling Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and then applied Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk to create the plumped-up, velvet-matte pout that caught our eye on the red carpet.
- To finish off the ultra-glamorous look, Charlotte contoured Emma’s arms and legs with Supermodel Body and misted a magic halo of her dreamy fragrance, Scent of a Dream.
View Original Article